We need volunteers to advance the Democratic agenda and turn out the vote. Whether you have one hour a month, a week, or a day, we can use your help!
The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee, a.k.a. Mount Vernon Dems or the MVDDC! MVDDC is part of the larger Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC).
Great news – there are so many kinds of opportunities that we can use your help in the way you prefer to share your time!
- Get involved in a MVDDC leadership role, serving on a sub-committee such as Events, Precinct Operations, Outreach, Communications, and more.
- Staff Democratic table at polls for primaries and elections. Spend an hour or two giving out information and greeting your neighbors.
- Use your house to host a canvassing event where other volunteers gather to knock on doors in a neighborhood.
- Input data or use databases to create lists for others to use as your schedule permits.
- Help identify Democrats in your neighborhood.
- Volunteer to support MVDDC’s annual events, including fundraisers and volunteer appreciation events.
- Host a candidate “meet and greet” in your home.
- Help do research and write up materials to use in outreach efforts.
- Spend a few hours giving out candidate information at Back to School Night, forums or other special events.
- Help staff the Democrat’s table at the Lorton and Sherwood Hall Farmer’s Markets.
- Make phone calls or write post cards to encourage people to vote in November.
• Sign up at a meeting and the organizer for your area will be in touch.
• Visit www.mvdemocrats.com/volunteer for updates.
• Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram (@mvdemocrats).
• Questions? Contact Maria Vorel, Precinct Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MVDDC’s priority and mission is to elect democrats at the local, state and federal levels. As Democrats, we believe health care should be for all, that sensible gun laws are needed, and that policies need to be inclusive. We do not tolerate discrimination because of race, sexual orientation, creed or national origin. Voting rights need to be protected. Pro-choice policies need to be protected. Wages and work conditions need to be fair – and housing affordable. We want a government that promotes renewable energy and aggressively combats climate change. To ensure these values are represented in our government, we must work to get Democrats to the polls. In statewide elections a strong turnout in Fairfax County can helpcarry the State. This year is the most important election of our lifetime: we must defeat Donald Trump. How will you contribute?