The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its monthly membership meeting on Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- The Committee voted in a new member – welcome, Gita!
- Reorganization for Magistral Districts will take place in December 2019. This means that Committees will elect new officers and think about new positions that might be needed. More details will be shared at the October Membership Meeting. Key dates include:
- December 1 – Must be a Committee Member or submit your electronic membership application by this date.
- December 10 – MVDDC Reorganization Meeting at the South County Center (there will not be a December 17 membership meeting)
- January 7 – FCDC Reorganization Meeting at Woodson High School
- Action Opportunity! In-person absentee voting starts October 17. Sample ballots are critical this year since some of the positions on the ballot DO NOT IDENTIFY CANDIDATES BY PARTY. Voters often wave the sample ballot aside saying they will vote for the Democrats, but they may not know who our endorsed candidates are! Sign up here.
- Bryan Graham made a presentation and led a discussion on the FCDC Membership Resolution that will be voted upon at the Sept. 24 meeting.
- LexaLynn Hooper provided a recap of the Ice Cream Social and thanked everyone for their participation. She will send out an after-action report to those who volunteered – please send her your feedback so we can continue to build on this event!
- The South County HQ has been a success so far! The building is located at 6821 Richmond Highway and is a hub of activity for the 2019 campaigns.
- Stay informed! With all the events, canvassing, and other activities going on this fall, there are plenty of ways to be involved! Click on the Events and Volunteering menu items at the top of the page for current opportunities. Make sure to also follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@mvdemocrats).
Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
South County Government Center