The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its monthly membership meeting on Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- Reorganization for Magistral Districts will take place in December 2019. There are a number of open Executive Committee positions. Please contact Karlee Renninger if you are interested in any position. Job descriptions will be posted and shared before the November meeting. Key dates include:
- December 1 – Must be a Committee Member or submit your electronic membership application by this date.
- December 10 – MVDDC Reorganization Meeting at the South County Center (there will not be a December 17 membership meeting)
- January 7 – FCDC Reorganization Meeting at Woodson High School
- In-person absentee voting starts October 17, and we need volunteers to staff tables outside the polling locations. Sample ballots are critical this year! We especially need volunteers in Lorton. Sign up here.
- Election Day volunteers are also needed! Contact your precinct captain or Precinct Ops Vice Chair for details.
- The Committee voted on contributions to keep the HQ open through November 2020 and on candidate donations.
- Stay informed! With all the events, canvassing, and other activities going on this fall, there are plenty of ways to be involved! Click on the Events and Volunteering menu items at the top of the page for details. Make sure to also follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@mvdemocrats).