Mt. Vernon Dems Monthly Meeting
October 19, 2021 @ 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Join us for our monthly general meeting virtually by Zoom video conference.
Click HERE to register for the meeting.
Click HERE for the Meeting Agenda Rev 2.1 (Check back for updates).
Click HERE for the Resolution in Support of the Homeless Shelter.
Click HERE for the Meeting Minutes from August 17, 2021.
Click HERE for the Meeting Minutes from September 21, 2021.
6:30 pm – Join the meeting and test your connection
7:00 pm – Call to Order
7:10 pm – Speakers
- Running In A Tight Race
Join us for our monthly General Meeting and hear from Dorothy McAuliffe, our past and future First Lady of Virginia, Rep. Don Beyer (VA-8) and Kecia Evans, our Democratic candidate for the 88th District.
|Rep. Don Beyer (VA-8)||Kecia Evans|
8:00 pm – Presentations
- Kennedy Homeless Shelter Resolution – presented by Social Justice
8:15 pm – Officer Reports
8:45 pm – Old Business, New Business & Announcements
9:00 pm – Adjournment & Happy Hour
You can join the meeting and test your Zoom connection at anytime from 6:30 to 7:00 pm when we will be providing extra time for participants to download the software, establish and test their connections.
A few tips for video calls:
- Download the Zoom app on your device in advance.
- Mute yourself when not speaking to help reduce feedback and noise.
- Use a headset for clearer sound and microphone quality.
- Sit in a quiet, well-lit space (with lighting coming from in front of you).
- Wear a solid color top.
- Put your camera at eye level (perhaps put your laptop on top of books).
- Log in early to make sure your tech is ready.