The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its January membership meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- The Committee voted in three new members – welcome, Essam, Lina, and James!
- The Committee voted in two new Vice Chairs. LexaLynn Hooper is the new Vice Chair of Events and Maria Vorel is the Vice Chair of Precinct Ops (Middle).
- Supervisor Dan Storck and Fairfax County School Board Chair Karen Corbett Sanders updated the membership on current and upcoming initiatives.
- LexaLynn Hooper updated the group on the 11th annual Mardi Gras & Straw Poll, taking place on February 23.
- Action item! Volunteers are needed to bring food, help with setup, and staff the event. Find out more and sign up here.
- Maria Vorel shared her notes from a post-election best practices meeting.
- Candidates Karen Corbett Sanders, Steve Descano, Jeff McKay, Abrar Omeish, and Elaine Tholen spoke about their platforms.
Next meeting: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 7:00pm