The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its December membership meeting on Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- The Committee voted in two new members – welcome, Sara and Shellie!
- Delegate Paul Krizek and Supervisor Dan Storck updated the membership on current and upcoming initiatives.
- Action Item! Supervisor Storck asked members to sign the petition for Virginia to become the 38th state to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. Find out more and sign the petition at varatifyera.org.
- Steve Descano, candidate for Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney, and Mary Paulet, candidate for the Soil and Water Conservation District, described their platforms.
- The new MVDDC website is on schedule to launch just in time for the next membership meeting, which will take place on January 15, 2019.
- We are searching for an Events Vice Chair and volunteers for an event planning subcommittee. Please contact MVDDC Chair Karlee Renninger if you are interested!
- Save the Date! The 2019 MVDDC Mardi Gras and Straw Poll has been scheduled for February 23.
Happy holidays! See you in 2019!