The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its monthly membership meeting on Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- The Committee voted in two new members – welcome, Lisa and Lanita!
- Action opportunity! There are many current volunteer needs, including at the Lorton Farmers Market, Precinct Operations captains, Back to School Nights, and the Ice Cream Social. Our candidates are also organizing canvassing days. Click here to find out more and sign up!
- Training opportunity! FCDC is offering Voter Action Network (VAN) and precinct operations trainings on September 7. Find these events and more at www.fairfaxdemocrats.com/calendar.
- The Fairfax Democratic Coordinated Campaign now has a Lee and Mt. Vernon campaign headquarters! The office is located at 6821 Richmond Highway, at the intersection of Memorial Drive and Richmond Highway. Please stop by! All kinds of activities will be going on through the election.
- Help needed! LexaLynn Hooper, Events Vice Chairs, needs a hand moving Mt. Vernon items from our storage unit on Route 1 (near Lockheed Blvd) to a storage area at the new HQ. The move will take place Tuesday, August 27, at 10am. If you can help, please contact LexaLynn for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electeds, candidates, and candidate representatives attended the meeting and discussed their initiatives and platforms during and/or after the meeting, including:
- Karen Corbett Sanders, School Board Chair and candidate for Mount Vernon School Board Member
- Scott Surovell, State Senator (elected/candidate)
- Paul Krizek, State Delegate (elected/candidate)
- Kathy Tran, State Delegate (elected/candidate)
- Manisha Singh (candidate for FCDC Regional Vice Chair)