The Mount Vernon District Democratic Committee held its monthly membership meeting on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Click here for the full meeting minutes. Highlights and action items include:
- The Committee voted in two new members – welcome, Pamela and Sharifa!
- Beverly Bacon, North Precinct Ops Vice Chair, announced that the Mount Vernon Farmers’ Market opens on May 1. Candidates are invited to provide materials or stop by the MVDDC booth to speak with voters.
- The Mt. Vernon Precinct Ops team will host their first district-wide workshop/team-building meeting on April 29th. In addition, there are precinct ops leadership opportunities available. Click here for details.
- The Committee received a copy of the annual budget for review and passed a temporary budget. The vote for the full budget will take place at the May meeting. Action Item! Please send any budget questions to MVDDC Chair Karlee Renninger.
- The Committee voted to endorse Karen Corbett Sanders for Mount Vernon School Board Member.
Electeds, candidates, and candidate representatives attended the meeting and discussed their initiatives and platforms during and/or after the meeting, including:
- Karen Corbett Sanders, School Board Chair and candidate for Mount Vernon School Board Member
- Adam Ebbin, State Senator (elected/candidate)
- Paul Krizek, State Delegate (elected/candidate)
- Dan Storck, Mount Vernon Supervisor (elected/candidate)
- Chris Koerner, Soil & Water Conversation Board Director (candidate)
- Jerry Peters, Soil & Water Conversation Board Director (candidate)
- Karen Keys-Gamarra, School Board At-Large (elected/candidate)
- Ilryong Moon, School Board At-Large (elected/candidate)
- Representative for Ray Morrogh, Commonwealth’s Attorney, Fairfax (elected/candidate)
- Representative for Alicia Plerhoples, Chairman, Board of Supervisors (candidate)
- Representative for Rachna Sizemore Heizer, School Board At-Large (candidate)