Mt. Vernon Dems Monthly Meeting
April 20, 2021 @ 7:00 – 9:00 pm
+ Happy Hour until 10:00 pm
Join us for our monthly general meeting.
6:30 pm – Join the meeting and test your connection
7:00 pm – Call to Order
- New Members
- Otis Langford (619 – Belvoir)
- Sherry Nachnani (613 – Westgate)
7:15 pm – The State of Our Schools
- Karen Corbett Sanders, Mount Vernon District Representative, Fairfax County School Board
- Sherry Nachnani (613 – Westgate), President, Mt. Vernon High School PTSA
8:00 pm – Officer Reports
8:45 pm – New Business & Announcements
9:00 pm – Adjournment & Happy Hour Discussion
10:00 pm – Happy Hour Ends
You can join the meeting and test your connection at anytime from 6:30 to 7:00 pm when we will be providing extra time for participants to download the Zoom software, establish and test their connections.
A few tips for video calls:
- Download the Zoom app on your device in advance.
- Mute yourself when not speaking to help reduce feedback and noise.
- Use a headset for clearer sound and microphone quality.
- Sit in a quiet, well-lit space (with lighting coming from in front of you).
- Wear a solid color top.
- Put your camera at eye level (perhaps put your laptop on top of books).
- Log in early to make sure your tech is ready.